Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tech Week

We started our tech runs of Spike Heels this weekend.
I've been having lots of long days that turn into long nights, that then run together and make it hard to even figure out what time it really is.

I may have taken on too much work, but this "hell week," as we like to call it, hasn't truly been hell in comparison to past shows. I'm actually pleased with myself as a lighting designer. :) It's my first real design and I didn't expect it to go this well. You get a lot of adrenaline out of surprising yourself when things work out better than you hoped.

I'm also the master electrician, which means I have a crew, but as far as lights go it's mostly me. I take a lot of pride in that.

The only reason I feel I took on too much work is the fact that I'm still enrolled in 18hrs and I have A LOT of work due tomorrow that I've hardly started on. (Which I will be getting to momentarily, I just needed a mental break. Yay blog!)

Well, here's to hoping for a strong finish to tech week and a great run of the show!

No comments: