Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Break

Thanksgiving


I had a pretty positive holiday. I came home early to help Mom get everything ready; we have dinner at the house for her side of the family.
I did run over to see my dad's side for a couple of hours. They're still holding tradition with a lunch time "dinner" at St. Peter's Hall. I made Grandpa Herman a memorial and stopped by to see him before I left. It still doesn't really feel like he's gone. I also missed another Grandparent this Thanksgiving, but she's still around, just stubborn and claimed to be sick....

Nothing too terribly exciting happened. Kyle brought Guitar Hero home; now my whole family's addicted. Atleast I'm not alone! XD I also joined a game of euchre and discovered I'm still actually really good at it! We didn't get around to Rummy 500 or Poker, odd for Mom's side...*shrugs*...oh well.

The day after Thanksgiving we put up the Christmas tree. I believe Mom went shopping for a little while. I refuse. There are very few things I hate, but Black Friday is most defiantly on the list.


Paintball and Car Crashes


The Saturday after Thanksgiving I went with my brothers and some friends to play paintball. I got a slow start due to a migraine, but once I got there I was in; however, I did manage to hurt myself (and my gun) in game 3. We were playing capture the flag, and when I was running towards the flag my foot caught a stump that was hidden in tall grass. I fell chest first into the ground. I'm not sure exactly what happened next, all I know is I broke the elbow on my gun and it's shattered pieces cut my scalp. Ouch! It wasn't anything serious, no blood...it just looked like a thorn had stuck me. It's still a little tender now, but it's almost healed.

I also took a small blow to the head from little brother, Billy, when I tried to "wake" him. The little shit wasn't asleep, the asshole never flenched when I tried to make him go lay down in his bed....he just kneed me right where I hurt myself in paintball! He didn't mean to hurt me, he misjudged where I was. I love having brothers, lol. *rolls eyes*

Then, the end to my night was a car crash. Nothing serious. The friend I was riding with hit a dear. I yelled so we weren't going full speed, but she didn't see it until it was flipping over the hood. As of yet, we don't think the car was damaged too badly. I didn't even think we hit it that hard, but when I woke up in the morning it felt like somebody had hit me in the shoulders with a baseball bat. And my head was still tender.


Marie
That's all I'm going to say on this issue. Those of you who know me know why I'm upset. Maybe I'm letting it piss me off to much.
Maybe not.
*shrugs*


No comments: