Sunday, February 20, 2011

Jesse James


Last night was the first time I had to drive by a wooden cross that meant anything to me. As much as I did not want to stop anywhere near the place my friend had passed away I could no longer drive. Too many tears. It was almost as hard as seeing him in the casket.

Jesse James Ruckman passed away 2-8-11, he was 22 years old. He lost control of his car and I no longer care to repeat the details. They hurt. Although Jesse and I were not extraordinarily close I have known him since we were kids. Once upon a time we were neighbors and he will forever be a hero to me. Many years ago Jesse saved my youngest brother from dying on a road, it doesn't seem fair that one now gets to claim him.

Although this is difficult I know that Jesse would want us all to keep on smiling. He had a special knack for making anyone smile at anytime. He was a great friend and had a heart of gold. RIP Jesse, we love you and we miss you.

No comments: