Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Summer Thus Far

I've been spending a lot of my summer, you guessed it
Working!
I'm back at Kelley's Store on the weekends and doing all kinds of fun outside work Monday through Friday. This work includes but is not limited to: rubber roofing, trench work, running electric and water, and fixing plumbing. Before you ask me to come be the handy-woman at your house note that I am in training and always under supervision. XD

I did get a break from aforementioned jobs last week. XD
I went on a family vacation to Hilton Head, S.C.
I spent over half of the time on the beach sipping the occasional margarita. :)
We did rent bikes and ride around the island, Mom and I got pedicures, and last but not least can you say shopping! I stocked up on lots of beading supplies and added a few new pieces to my wardrobe. (Which is undergoing reconstruction, lol...I'm making more of an effort to look like a girl.)
On the way home we stopped by to see Aunt Jacqui and Uncle Jim. Then Jacqui took us to see Rob and Stacy and Pepper. Pepper is so cute!!!


Jack (my cat) gave us a scare. He went missing for a little over a week. I'm not really shocked by how upset I was but I'll admit that I forgot how much stress a pet can cause. I'm glad to report that he returned yesterday morning. He lost nearly every ounce of fat on his body and now is attempting to make up for it. Poor kitty spends his days sleeping and eating with the occasional visit for a pet. That's all, he hasn't even tried to venture back outside yet.

On a not so good note, my grandpa was diagnosed with prostate cancer. We did get good news though, the cancer has not spread. He's scheduled for surgery next month and hopefully that will be the end of this.
Grandma spent some time in the hospital too, phenomena was the big issue. She was on oxygen but decided to stop taking it. I guess we'll see how that goes. Keep your fingers crossed for both of them!

Oh, and I'm scheduled to get a new pair of glasses! XD (see previous post)
Ta ta for now!

No comments: